Our whale watching cruise is truly exceptional vacation value for everyone.
You’ll enjoy a full 3 hour cruise aboard our spacious 65ft well maintained whale watching vessel with plenty of all round seating accompanied by expert and informed commentary from our very own onboard marine biologist.
Our highly experienced crew will ensure, not only will you see up close these magnificent and inquisitive animals at play in their natural environment, but also enjoy a fun, safe and memorable experience that will stay with you for a long time to come.
Come experience our incredible Whale Watching tour from the picturesque southern Gold Coast. Meeting up at the Ivory Marina to board the Coolangatta Whale Watch vessel, we only have a short boat ride until we are out on the open ocean and looking for whales. Since we are unobstructed views of this magnificent gentle giant of the ocean at play.
Our experienced and friendly crew skippered by Captain Stephen will make you feel welcome, comfortable and most importantly safe. We provide an informative and entertaining commentary of whale behavior, and are committed to providing you with a close encounter that will truly “BLOW YOU AWAY“!
Boarding the vessel takes place at the Ivory Marina 156 Wharf St, Tweed Heads at 8:20 am NSW local time.
- 3 hour cruises
- Panoramic views from multiple viewing platforms
- We operate on New South Wales time
- No crowds, as cruise numbers are limited 35 at this time
- Educational and informative commentary from our qualified crew members
- Sunrise Cruises Depart at 5:00am when available
- Cruises depart at 8.20am every Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday (NSW local time )
- Afternoon Cruises depart at 12:20pm when available
- 100% guaranteed whale sighting on every cruise, or receive another ticket for another day!
- 100% success in sighting whales on every trip (2006 – 2019 seasons)
Children $55 (3-17)
Seniors $75 (60+)
Infants free (2 & under)
Family of 4 (2 Adults + 2 Children) $240
Family of 5 (2 Adults + 3 Children) $290
Family of 6 (2 Adults + 4 Children) $340
Family of 7 (2 Adults + 5 Children) $390
Family of 8 ( 2 Adults + 6 Children) $ 440
Family of 9 (2 Adults + 7 Children) $490
Family of 10 (2 Adults + 8 Children) $540
All Prices are inclusive of GST
Call us 0403 920 922
WHAT TO BRING
- Face mask (mandatory) personal hand sanitiser recommended.
- Bring your own drinking water/non alcoholic beverages
- Snacks such a crackers are a good idea
- Wear runners / joggers and comfortable casual clothing
- Bring a warm Jacket/Jumper/Coat the wind can pick up
- Charge your phone/cameras/ straps are recommended
- Sun protective clothing/sun glasses/ sun cream
- Take sea sickness tablets such as Travelcalm or Kwells prior to departure [we do not recommend Ginger]. we do stock see sick tables but stock is limited.
- Think of your other guests and be at the boat 15 minutes prior to departure time as we will depart on time with or without you..
- If you are running late call us we leave on time 0403 920 922
- Parking at the Ivory Marina is free
- For directions to out boat, go to our Find Us page.
How Clean is your boat ?
We follow strict local and state government health and hygiene guidelines and have implemented the following cleaning procedures.
All cabins, toilet facilities, hand rails, seating, window sills and other common touch points are disinfected and sanitising before every cruise.
Do you follow any onboard social distancing guidelines ?
Yes. despite the fact we are commercially licensed to carry up to 65 guests on each cruise, this year we are intentionally limiting cruise numbers to 20 guests only in line with local and state government directives. This ensure that our guests are able to ‘socially distance’ onboard and take advantage of the multiple viewing platform our catamaran has to offer in an uncrowded atmosphere. We will continue to monitor and adjust our cruise policies in accordance with changing local and state recommendations.
What other steps are you taking to safeguard the health & well being of guests?
Whilst local and state governments have not mandated the use of personal face masks, we strongly encourage that all guests bring and wear PPE whilst onboard, especially if seated in an enclosed cabin space.
We have placed hand sanitising dispensers strategically onboard and encourage our guests to regular wash their hands.
All guest will be required to undertake a quick temperature check when boarding the boat. In the event you test in the high risk range you will be asked to defer your cruise for the health and well being of all guest.
What types of whales will I see, and will I see whales at all?
The most common whales seen on our cruises are Humpback whales, however we have seen Southern Right whales, Minkes, Orcas, and Pilot Whales. The most entertaining is of course the beautiful Humpbacks, we seem them every day.
Yes, you will see whales. How many depends on the day. WE GUARANTEE that you will see whales EVERY TIME! We have not missed sighting whales since 2006, and are proud of our reputation for providing the best whale watching experience on the entire Gold Coast.
What other marine life will I see?
We often see common dolphins; they may come straight up to the boat swimming under the bow. We often see bottle nose dolphins in the river, often even before we leave the jetty.
How close do we get to the whales?
As responsible whale watchers, we don’t approach within 100m of the whales. That doesn’t mean the whales can’t come to us, and they often do. Whales often display a measure of curiosity; they will dive for a few minutes and come up where you least expect them, close to the boat! Most of our close encounters happen during July through to end of September, when the water is calm and they are making their way south again.
What happens if it rains or we encounter bad weather?
Light rain is no problem, as we have undercover enclosed areas keeping you warm and protected. Bring a spray jacket if it looks like rain. In heavy rain and rough conditions, for your own safety we do not go to sea and we will re book you at your earliest convenience.
What about motion sickness: Will it be rough?
We must remember, we are out on the open ocean and it is always better to come prepared. Visit your chemist for sea sickness tablets/remedies. We recommend Travelcalm Originals or Kwells. We do not recommend Ginger. If you are still concerned, check with a pharmacist and remember to eat lightly before embarking.
Are there toilets on board?
Yes, our vessel has full toilet facilities.