2019 Whale Season
Starts 28th May 2019
2019 Whale watching season is here
In 2019, we expect this season to be one of the best seasons on record. Last year it was estimated over 20,000 whales passed through the gold coast and we are expecting similar if not larger numbers this year. So now is the time to get in early and book your place on Coolangatta / Tweed Head regions. Our cruises depart 6 days a week, every Wednesday through to Monday from the ivory Marina, 156 Wharf St Tweed Heads NSW. Cruises depart 8:30am and return 11.30am. Spaces are limited as we restrict seating to 50 only to ensure you get a personalised cruising experience and interrupted viewing from anyone of our 3 separate viewing platforms. So book early to secure your place on our 60 ft purpose built whale watching catamaran the “George Bass”.
Plan your experience
Whale Watching Tours
Come experience our incredible Whale Watching tour from the picturesque southern gold coast.
Snorkelling off the Gold Coast is a amazing experience. For snorkelling tours, send us a direct enquiry.
Whale Watching Gift Vouchers
Give the gift of a whale watching cruise. Book your e-voucher online today. Valid for 12 months.
Starts 28th May
Wednesday through to Monday; departing 8.30am, returning 11.30am
Please note: After your payment is confirmed we will email your booking confirmation. Please bring this with you.
The “George Bass” is a 60 ft well maintained, purpose built whale watching catamaran, boasting plenty of open deck and enclosed viewing space ensuring uninterrupted viewing no matter where you are.
Equipped with Twin 420 Volvo engines, the George Bass will get you out to to sea and back again, safely, quickly and comfortably.
Whilst we are commercially licensed to carry 65 guests, we intentionally restrict numbers to 50 to ensure we can provide an intimate and comfortable cruising experience for all our guests. this is where we differ from other larger cruise operators.
Easy access to large enclosed saloon lounge with full length viewing windows. Full size toilet and wash facilities for both males and females.
- upper deck seating fo 30 guest ensures a 360 uninterrupted views.
- large enclosed lounge seats 30 guests comfortably.
- Easy access to cabin area with extra seating, wide windows, morning tea facilities, and full toilet facilities.
- We carry 50 passengers [plus 2 crew] so there are no crowds and plenty of room to move about to take some fantastic shots of those beautiful whales.
- Panoramic views all round.
- Free onboard Wifi.
- Professional photographer onboard every cruise.
- Educational and informative commentary from our qualified onboard marine biologist.
- Free seating anywhere you choose
Ready for an unforgettable Trip?