2021 Whale Season
Season – June 2021 – Late Oct 2021
2021 whale watching season is here
“Navigating the waters of 2021”
Whilst the 2021 whale watching season has arrived, here at Coolangatta Whale Watch, we are 100% committed to caring for the health, safety, and well-being of our customers.
This season we again expect to see a record number of whales pass along the Gold Coast. Starting June 1st, we will be running cruises 6 days a week, every Wednesday, Thursday, Friday Saturday, Sunday & Monday from the Ivory Marina, 156 Wharf St Tweed Heads NSW. Cruises will depart at 8:00 am and return at 11.00 am NSW time. Vessel boarding begins at 7:40 am – departure at 8:00 am
PLENTY OF FREE STREET PARKING – DO NOT PARK AT IVORY MARINA OR TAVERN
Spaces will be limited as we restrict seating to only 50 guests per cruise despite being licensed to carry 65. Our 65ft purpose-built whale watching catamaran the”George Bass”, has numerous viewing platforms which will allow guests to move around freely, ensuring you get a personalized cruising experience with uninterrupted viewing. So book early to secure your place.
Plan your experience
Whale Watching Tours
Come experience our incredible Whale Watching tour from the picturesque southern gold coast.
Snorkelling off the Gold Coast is a amazing experience. For snorkelling tours, send us a direct enquiry.
Cruises operate every Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday departing at 8.00 am and returning at 11.00 am NSW time.
The “George Bass” is a 65 ft well maintained, purpose-built whale watching catamaran, boasting plenty of open decks and enclosed viewing space ensuring uninterrupted views no matter where you are seated.
Equipped with Twin 420 Volvo engines, the George Bass will get you out to sea and back again, safely, quickly, and comfortably.
Whilst we are commercially licensed to carry 65 guests, this year in keeping with socially responsible distancing guidelines we are restricting numbers to just 50 guests per cruise ensuring you receive an intimate, personal and comfortable cruising experience. This is where we have always differed from other larger cruise operators.
Easy access to a large enclosed cabin lounge, with plenty of comfortable seating, wide viewing windows, and full toilet facilities.
Following local health guidelines, this year we will not be providing bottled water, therefore we encourage you to bring along your own drinking water.
- upper deck seating for 30 guests ensures 360 uninterrupted views.
- A large enclosed lounge seats 30 guests comfortably.
- Easy access to cabin area with extra seating, wide windows, and full toilet facilities.
- Whilst licensed to carry 65 guests [plus 3 crew] in keeping with responsible social distancing recommendations we are intentionally restricting guest numbers to 50 per cruise. Therefore you can expect no crowds and plenty of room to move about to take some fantastic shots of those beautiful whales.
- Panoramic views all around.
- Professional photographer on board most cruises.
- Educational and informative commentary from our experienced onboard crew members, mixed with a relaxed atmosphere.
- Free seating anywhere you choose.
Ready for an unforgettable Trip?