2020 Whale Season
Starts June 2020
2020 whale watching season is here
2020 whale watching season is here
“navigating the waters of 2020”
Whilst the 2020 whale watching season has arrived, here at Coolangatta Whale Watch we are 100% committed to caring for the health and well being of our customers by playing a socially responsible role in supporting our local health officials and government leaders as we navigate the challenges of 2020.
Read more here…..
This season we again expect to see a record number of whales pass along the Gold Coast. Starting June 15th, we will be running cruises 6 days a week, every Wednesday, Thursday, Friday Saturday, Sunday & Monday from the Ivory Marina, 156 Wharf St Tweed Heads NSW. Cruises will depart 8:20am and return 11.30am NSW time. We also offer Sunrise Cruises that depart at 5:00am and Afternoon Cruises that depart at 12:20pm these are customer dependent and do not run everyday. Look for them when booking online. Spaces will be limited as we restrict seating to only 24 guests per cruise despite being licensed to carry 65. Our 65ft purpose build whale watching catamaran the”George Bass”, has numerous viewing platforms which will allow guests to spread out ensuring you get a personalised cruising experience with interrupted viewing. So book early to secure your place.
Plan your experience
Whale Watching Tours
Come experience our incredible Whale Watching tour from the picturesque southern gold coast.
Snorkelling off the Gold Coast is a amazing experience. For snorkelling tours, send us a direct enquiry.
Whale Watching Gift Vouchers
Give the gift of a whale watching cruise. Book your e-voucher online today. Valid for 12 months.
Cruises operate every Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday departing 8.20am and returning 11.30am NSW time.
Please note: After your payment is confirmed we will email your booking confirmation. Please bring this with you.
The “George Bass” is a 65 ft well maintained, purpose built whale watching catamaran, boasting plenty of open deck and enclosed viewing space ensuring uninterrupted views no matter where you are seated.
Equipped with Twin 420 Volvo engines, the George Bass will get you out to to sea and back again, safely, quickly and comfortably.
Whilst we are commercially licensed to carry 65 guests, this year in keeping with socially responsible distancing guidelines we are restricting numbers to just 24 guests per cruise ensuring you receive an intimate, personal and comfortable cruising experience. This is where we have always differed from other larger cruise operators.
Easy access to a large enclosed cabin lounge, with plenty of comfortable seating, wide viewing windows and full toilet facilities.
Following local health guidelines, this year we will not be providing bottled water, therefore we encourage you to bring along your own drinking water.
- upper deck seating fo 30 guest ensures a 360 uninterrupted views.
- A large enclosed lounge seats 30 guests comfortably.
- Easy access to cabin area with extra seating, wide windows and full toilet facilities.
- Whilst licensed to carry 65 guests [plus 3 crew] in keeping with responsible social distancing recommendations we are intentionally restricting guest numbers to 24 per cruise. Therefore you can expect no crowds and plenty of room to move about to take some fantastic shots of those beautiful whales.
- Panoramic views all round.
- Professional photographer onboard every cruise.
- Educational and informative commentary from our experienced onboard crew members, mixed with a relaxed onboard atmosphere.
- Free seating anywhere you choose.
Ready for an unforgettable Trip?